Information Sources about the Birmingham Children’s March and about my Research and Writing
Please see the primary source materials, videos, links, interviews with me, and multiple other sources of information at Resources for Students.
Lesson Plans, Guides, and Standards Related to We’ve Got a Job
- Texas Library Association Spirit of Texas Award materials include a Book Trailer, a Book Quiz, an Academic Program, TEKS Connections, Author Information, and Additional Resources
- Common Core Standards and Lesson Ideas for We’ve Got a Job
- Peachtree Publisher’s Teacher’s Guide
- The Texas State Bar developed a wonderful guide called Be The Change. (Thank you, Lisa Wellborn!)
- YALSA Talk by Cynthia Levinson on Nonviolence
- Suggestions for reluctant readers
If you would like me to visit your classroom either in person or by Skype, please contact me. I do a great Readers’ Theater in class and answer questions by Skype. Also, see my Author Visits and Presentations page for ideas.
“Cynthia Levinson has brought the real struggles, frustrations, and fears of the civil rights movement into my classroom!”
Christa Armantrout, Talented and Gifted Specialist, Sommer Elementary, Round Rock (Texas) Independent School District
“I am truly excited about your book… It is PERFECT for connecting to students!”
Dena Lagomarsino, Language Arts Teacher, Ridgewood High School, Jersey City, New Jersey