Be sure to see the many sources of information at Resources for Students.
Watch Out for Flying Kids! Discussion Guides
- Peachtree Publishers’ Discussion Guide addresses many of the issues raised in Watch Out for Flying Kids! including racial issues in St. Louis, tribal issues in Israel, conflict resolution, team-building, multicultural understanding, trust, social justice, physical development, the arts, and circus arts.
- Mrs. Knott’s Book Nook offers great ideas for in-and-out classroom reading.
Materials on Israel, Arabs, Islam, and Jews
- “A Historical Perspective on the Arab-Israeli Conflict and Peace Process” from the Institute for Curriculum Services.
- Publications from the Arab American National Museum. The booklet “Islam and Muslim Americans” provides an introduction to Islam and can be downloaded for free.
- The Islam Project provides a wealth of teacher materials and information on the history and beliefs of Muslims.
- The Southern Poverty Law Center’s Anti-Bias Curriculum
“Quite honestly, this book begs to be read cover to cover. It’s a fascinating story…”
“This inspirational story easily lends itself to classroom use, as it encompasses a broad spectrum of values and subjects.”